Highest quality, safety, environmental protection and the responsible use of resources are important criteria for us in the management of Insel-Camp Fehmarn.
For this reason, we have introduced the environmental and quality management ECOCAMPING and have had ourselves assessed according to the strict guidelines of recognised auditing systems such as EMAS III, EU-Ecolabel and the BVCD-DTV classification. The predicate "climate-friendly company" and the friendly EU environmental flower, which we are allowed to bear as an award, have meanwhile become a distinctive mark of environmentally friendly companies throughout Europe. Our "five stars" show the high quality and equipment standard of the company.
Our services are also regularly checked and evaluated by independent consumer protection organisations. We are pleased that we have always been able to achieve "top marks" in the evaluations of all the well-known camping guides. However, the highest priority for us is the satisfaction of our guests. Because only if we achieve "top marks" here too, we will have achieved our goal.
Some examples of selected environmental aspects of Insel-Camp Fehmarn:
- The use of energy-saving lighting on the entire camp site ensures energy-saving brightness. The exterior lighting is controlled by twilight switches, the interior lighting by motion detectors. This means that the lights are only switched on when they are really needed. The lamps are directed downwards to protect insects: on the one hand, this makes it easy to find your way around the extensive grounds, while on the other hand, the darkness and the twinkling of the stars, which are equally important for humans and animals, are retained.
- The electricity used is generated 100% from sun, wind and water power and is therefore environmentally friendly and climate-neutral.
- Due to the hygienic, partly touch-free water-saving technology in the sanitary buildings, the valuable water only flows when it is needed.
- Hot water is provided by a solar thermal system and efficient gas condensing technology, which is operated with CO2-compensated ecogas. Here, the amount of CO2 released by the combustion is calculated and compensated by financial support of climate protection projects.
- Reusable cups, the extensive avoidance of small packaging and the supply of fresh food help to reduce waste at the campsite. Anything that cannot be avoided can be separated in a convenient recycling island and thus fed into the recycling cycle.
- For environmentally friendly mobility on the island, there is a bus stop on the site, a car-sharing bench, rental bicycles in cooperation with a local service provider and an electric scooter for hire.
- The easy-to-clean construction and interior design of the sanitary facilities and the use of environmentally friendly cleaning agents ensure hygienic cleanliness.
- The use of plants, some of which are rare and typical for the location, and the installation of nesting boxes for birds are not only beautiful to look at, they also promote biological diversity.
Highest quality, safety, environmental protection and the responsible use of resources are important criteria for us in the management of the Insel-Camp Fehmarn. For this reason, we have introduced ECOCAMPING, our environmental and quality management system, and we have been audited in accordance with the strict guidelines of recognized auditing systems such as EMAS II, EU-Ecolabel and the BVCD-DTV classification. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator