Maintaining the highest quality and safety standards as well as protecting the environment and the responsible use of resources are very important criteria in the management of "Insel Camp Fehmarn".
For this reason we introduced the environmental and quality management ECOCAMPING and got certified under the strict guidelines of recognized operation check systems such as EMAS III, EU Ecolabel and the BVCD-DTV classification. The EU Ecolabel (nicknamed the “EU Flower”) that we have been granted is now becoming a distinctive mark of more environmentally friendly operations in Europe and our "five stars" show the high quality.
Our services are also regularly reviewed and evaluated by independent consumer protection organizations. We are pleased that we have always been able to achieve "top ratings" in the reviews by all popular camping guides. However, the highest concern is the satisfaction of our guests because our main goal is to receive top ratings from you, too.
Some selected examples of environmental aspects at “Insel-Camp Fehmarn”:
- The use of energy saving lamps throughout the whole campsite means less electricity is needed.
- The outdoor lighting is controlled by dimmer switch, the interior lighting is controlled via motion detectors, thereby the light only turns on when it is actually needed.
- The electricity used on the campground is 100% generated by water power and therefore eco-friendly and climate neutral.
- Due to the hygienic, contactless water-saving technology, the water flows only when it´s actually needed.
- The hot water is supplied by gas condensing boilers running on solar energy.
- The easy-to-clean construction and interior of the on-site facilities as well as the use of environmentally friendly cleaning supplies always secure high hygienic standards.
Highest quality, safety, environmental protection and the responsible use of resources are important criteria for us in the management of the Insel-Camp Fehmarn. For this reason, we have introduced ECOCAMPING, our environmental and quality management system, and we have been audited in accordance with the strict guidelines of recognized auditing systems such as EMAS II, EU-Ecolabel and the BVCD-DTV classification. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator